Thursday, October 27, 2011

Rebarkably Refreshing

I love my dog, but there are limits. I will feed him the finest kibble (all natural, no fillers) and provide him the proper medication (surprisingly expensive), but I will NOT give him trendy bottled water. If tap water is good enough for me, it's good enough for a canine who would just as soon drink from the toilet bowl.

Yet, there is a market for the stuff. I recently saw an internet ad stating:
"K9 Water Co., Inc. is proud to offer you Toilet Water, Puddle Water, Hose Water
and Gutter Water, the world’s first flavored, vitamin fortified bottled water specifically formulated to provide your dog with essential vitamins that contribute to overall
good health and provide the hydration your dog needs.

Our water can be enjoyed in four of the flavors dogs enjoy most: chicken, beef, liver and lamb.
Try all four tasty flavors today and your dog will rave that it is Rebarkably Refreshing!™"

Get that? ReBARKably refreshing? It's not a typo, but a trademarked phrase. Somewhere, an English teacher is wondering why she ever went into the profession.

If my drinking water contains only chlorine (and perhaps a touch of fecal colioform), my dog's water will NOT include "essential vitamins that contribute to overall good health". Which is the dominant species here anyway?

I might buy it though just to taste liver-flavored water. I imagine that chicken, beef, or lamb-flavored water would taste something like diluted soups of the same name, but liver flavor? That would be a taste treat unlike any in my experience. And this is from a guy who once ate a "Pupperoni" doggie treat by mistake (or possibly one too many beers).

My "boy" may whine that "all the other dogs in the neighborhood carry around bottled water" and that "times have changed", but I hereby play the "I'm the master. You're the pet" card. If anyone in this family gets vitamin-fortified liver-flavored water, it's me.

No comments:

Post a Comment