Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Baby Shower Boom-Boom

Like most guys, I've never attended a Baby Shower. Like most guys, I figured that I wasn't missing much. Well, Sarah Palin set me straight. On Sunday's episode of "Sarah Palin's Alaska", the former governor was shattering clay pigeons on a firing range and commented. "I had a Baby Shower right here. That gets those liberals pee-peed off."

Sign me up for your next Baby Shower, Sarah! In the slack time between opening the gifts and pounding down the mimosas, there's nothing I'd like better than firing off the old 12 gauge. What better way to welcome a new Alaskan into the world than in a hail of buckshot.

But seriously folks...As a liberal, I have no problem with Ms Palin or anyone else celebrating a momentous occasion with firearms. What gets me "pee-peed off" is the NRA's intransigence regarding assault weapons and hollow point ammunition. I spent three years in the Army with an M-16. An assault weapon is very good for killing people at short range and nothing else. Hollow point ammo is good for penetrating body armor and nothing else. The NRA asks, "How can we defend our homes without assault weapons and hollow point ammo?" Liberals respond, "What if Sarah's guests bring their own AK-47s to the shower, the "auto" switch gets stuck on the upswing, and hollow point ammo is sprayed over the gift table? It would make a mess."

Sarah, I'm not "pee-peed off" about your firing range Baby Showers and since I'm out of range, your guests could use AK-47s and hollow point ammo for all I care. I just think that we should be a little careful with weapons and ammo that are only good for killing people.

No comments:

Post a Comment