Monday, December 7, 2009

Every Parent's Nightmare

Modern youth (and the youth of the past for that matter) tend to keep vital information from parents:

"That summons from the State Police? Oh, I forgot to tell you. I got pulled over for speeding last week."

"By the way, they needed chaperones for the prom tonight and I signed you up, Mom and Dad. I get a free ticket."

"That smell coming from the basement? Well, this cat followed me home last week and it was so cute. I locked it in the furnace room and I guess I forgot about it."

A Colorado Dad nearly experienced every parent's worst nightmare last week. The Associated Press reported that a woman tried to use a ski pass with the photo of a man at Keystone Resort. She claimed that it was truly her ski pass and that she was in the midst of a sex change which explained her lack of resemblance to the burly, bearded individual pictured on the pass. The authorities then phoned the pass-holder's number and got his father who was "shocked" to hear that his son was having a sex change. He eventually got to the bottom of the situation. It turned out that the son had loaned his pass to his girlfriend.

Modern youth, please note - If you undergo gender change, please inform Mom and Dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment