Wednesday, March 10, 2010

The Gremlins in the Wall

Those nasty gremlins in the bathroom wall were at it again last night. While I was innocently slumbering, they emerged from hiding and raised the medicine cabinet higher above the sink.

Imagine their evil chuckling as they watched me emerge this morning craning my neck to see my reflection in the medicine cabinet mirror. "Look at the expression on his face! Bwah-ha-ha-ha. Tonight, we'll lower the toilet. That'll really get him."

Or maybe it wasn't gremlins. When I straightened my back (still in painfully twisted mode after a night's sleep), the mirror was at its familiar height.

There was a time when I would wake up refreshed after a solid sleep. Those aches and pains that accompanied me to bed magically disappeared. Now I arise feeling worse than when I retired. Why do old folks get up at the crack of dawn? Because it hurts to sleep! This logically results in Early Bird Dinners, off to bed shortly after "Wheel of Fortune", and "if you kids can't keep that damn ball in your own yard, I'm going to keep it!".

Or maybe it's those gremlins after all,

No comments:

Post a Comment