Monday, July 25, 2011

Taxpayers Unite!

What rights do we really have as taxpayers? Darryl Hartman of Lehighton broke new ground for the downtrodden last week.

Darryl drove into the Lehighton State Police Barracks to meet with his ex-wife and exchange custody of their child. What could possibly go wrong with an emotionally-fraught situation like this when surrounded by Pennsylvania's Finest? Darryl found a way. He parked behind the building alongside the State Police cruisers. When the troopers requested that Darryl relocate to the Visitor's Parking Lot, a "heated philosophical argument" ensued.

Darryl claimed that as a taxpayer, he owns the barracks and can park wherever he wants. After six warnings, he was told that he was under arrest and asked to get out of his car. Darryl refused and struggled with troopers until he was handcuffed. Darryl now faces charges of resisting arrest and disorderly conduct.

It takes only one brave individual standing for his / her rights to unleash a movement that changes history. Rosa Parks refused to give up her seat on that bus and the Civil Rights Movement began. Now, Darryl Hartman is imprisoned for standing up for all of our rights as taxpayers.

I have paid thousands and thousands of dollars in Federal Income Taxes over the years. By now, I've probably paid for a tank or at least a howitzer. I should be able to park where ever I want at Fort Knox and drive "my" tank or fire my howitzer whenever I want. "Hey kids, let's really celebrate the 4th of July this year by lobbing a 105 mm high-explosive round at that neighbor who complains about Fido dumping on his lawn!"

I pay School Taxes every year so I must own some small part of the local high school. Not to be greedy, I'll take a table in the cafeteria. School cafeteria food isn't the greatest but it is inexpensive and I won't have to worry about preparation or clean-up.

Thanks, Darryl for showing us the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment